Monday, September 07, 2009

Hanselminutes 177 - Richard Campbell

Hanselminutes 177 - Hanselminutiae-seven with Richard Campbell

Enjoyed this one enough to make some links for future reference. Actually, I enjoy most of the Hanselminutes podcasts. I just happened to have time today to blog some links for this one.

Microsoft ResponsePoint

Syspine

3:05 "I'm going to Google that with Bing" - Scott

5:09 Scott's son picks up the phone and promotes the use of a home PBX for those making podcasts.

Kindle DX

Apple Newton

NDC 2009 - Norwegian Developers Conference

devLink

TechEd

Book: The Paradox of Choice

Subway

I agree with eating at a familiar chain restaurant when on the road. It's not just the familiarity, I've gotten sick after trying local specialties several times while traveling. Then again, don't miss out entirely, take care of business first then sample the local fare.

Channel 9 - Death of the Professional Conference Speaker

"Love runs down."

I think the people doing the smaller conferences will move on. It's only natural that their interests will change over time and not necessarily in unison with the communities they are in now. As that happens new conferences and communities will form around new "movers and shakers" and people will continue to learn and share (and show off their chops).

Channel 9 - Chris Sells on Managing People and Your Time

42:00 "I used to measure my productivity in interruptions per hour." - Richard

I have even more respect for Richard after hearing his story of posting his interruptions-per-hour metric outside his office for the boss and others to see. Excellent.

I'd recommend trying the On Air sign before testing the shotgun theory.

No comments: